Guidelines for file submission and file prep fees
• For most efficient processing Firehouse accepts files in print ready status. The format required is print ready pdf. We can accept jpg files sized to finished size requested, pending no custom cuts are required.
• Print ready means files need to be set up exactly to the finished size requested. If there are any custom cuts, drill hole cuts, cutouts, or text cutouts, they must be included in the file and designated with 100% magenta SPOT COLOR, named “CutContour” or “Dieline”.
• If selective white ink is needed for the design, it must be specified on new layer in the file. The white ink fill for the shapes/type must be designated with 15% Cyan SPOT COLOR named “White”.
• Creases are designated with 100% Cyan SPOT COLOR named “Crease”. No dashed lines please, solid line is needed for creasing.
• ANY job that does not have print ready art for production will incur process/ prep fees added to the jobs.
• If creation of custom cuts is required, or any other prep or adjustment of files is needed, file preparation fee will be added to the job. The $ will depend on time required and complexity of the task. Minimum charge will be .5 hrs at hourly rate of $150.
• Small art changes such as converting files from other formats to pdf or going out to client server to get the files will also incur file set up fees at the rate of $35 per file.